Monday 22 May 2017

To my late Aunt.

Dearest A-ney,

It has been almost one and a half years since your lovely soul departed this world. Nothing much has changed yet everything has been different. I hope your soul's in Nibbana taking a long-needed rest.

It's early summer, and the weather's been fine for the last few days. It's cool in the mornings and evenings, with the chill breeze and mostly sun-drenching during the daytime. The blossoming season is almost over, beautiful flowers and their fragrance have given way to fruiting, and rhododendrons are wilting graciously. The river down the gorge started swelling, and its turbulent waves are becoming wrathful. The hillock on the other side has already shed its winter coat and now with summer time it has become lush green, and the gardens are rich again; greens growing luxuriantly.

Everyone's been good. Some are doing excellent and good, yet some are just doing okay and not-so-okay. But this is nothing new or surprising and certainly not agonizing. Dechey will be going to college very soon. She will be attending Jigme Singye Wangchuck Law School, the first one in our country. You should be really proud of her. Others are doing good as well.

Today's a fine day and as usual, I had a busy morning. But since I have night shift today afternoon was free. I needed to use it for relaxing and to loosen up myself a little. I went for a walk, more of a hike. I walked for almost 2 hours. On my way as usual I thought a lot; about work, people and their habits, and also about life and its uncertainties. And I thought about you; how I grew up playing around you, how we enjoyed your fine dishes. You used to get hold of us and clean our ear waxes one after the other, gently and affectionately. Even though you left us in the prime of your life, what you have been to us and everyone who have had come across you would know what a great soul and a caring woman you had been all your life. All the great memories we have had together are warmly cherished and cared for. All these thoughts made me cry a little. I am so sorry. I was not lamenting. I was celebrating.

I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. Rest peacefully in Nibbana A-ney!

Wangchu
Yours'  Nephew.

1 comment:

The heritage! Knowing your origins!

My great great grand mother is Angay Cham, she was born into Badrop family of Taktse in the year 1868. Badrop is a group of people living ...