Tuesday 24 April 2018

Beloved Angay

Sad days, bitter days…..un-consolable.

That night Dad called me at midnight past 10. He said “Angay is no more”. She left this bitterly unfair world of miseries for someplace better. But then she left us behind.  I sighed deeply but emotions ran high and fast. Tears fell down, I was crying like a beaten child; helpless and crestfallen. This life event was something new in my life. I had experienced births, attended births at maternity units, attended the birth of a dear daughter a few months ago, and more so I had seen deaths. But this event was the death of someone so close to my heart and soul. 

She was a lady of elegance and caring heart. Her dedication to care and commitment to her life was unmatchable.  If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have known much about life I know now. The struggles, the losses, and the values of hard work for one’s living are the lesson she taught in numerous ways possible on every day of our stay together. 

I cried celebrating your life. A life that I will always look up to with gratitude. 

Dear Angay,

You have been so much to us and your life’s dedication to our family will be fondly cherished. This life has been a great gift to us because we had you. I remember that you had cared for us every day of your life. Your concerns were deep and vast. It can’t be just measured, it has to be remembered and prayed for. 

As you enter your next life of bliss, our sincere prayers and unfathomable love will always remain for you. 

I am writing to you today lest you don’t forget us. Sometimes I miss you so much. Please forgive me Angay.

Warmest regards. 

With Labdron

With much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The heritage! Knowing your origins!

My great great grand mother is Angay Cham, she was born into Badrop family of Taktse in the year 1868. Badrop is a group of people living ...